SIP Home Systems - Getting Started
Phase 1 » Getting Started . . .In order to prepare an initial estimate, SHS requires a basic level of information.
Required estimate information:To prepare an initial estimate, we will ask you for building plans. This is a critical step because the more accurate your plans are, the more accurate the estimate will be. Plans should be legible and information should include:
Full Size Set Of Drawings:
- Site location (city, state and zip)
- Site address (if known) and APN (Parcel Number)
- Floor plans with dimensions
- All elevation views (with roof pitches noted)
- Building section(s) showing wall heights and connection details
- Projected construction date
- Roof Plan
At this point, please clarify exactly what you wish to have included in the estimate. For example, 6-inch walls; 8-inch roof, etc. In addition, if you wish to have us bid windows, please identify that at this time.
Optional Design Criteria:We will also begin gathering optional design criteria information that may impact your cost. This information typically includes:
- Total roof load
- Total floor load
- Wind speed
- Wind exposure
- Seismic zone
Customer contact information:To complete your estimate, SHS will need your current contact information. This information should include customer name, address, primary and alternate phone numbers, email address, contractor (if known) and plan contact for clarification (if different than primary contact information).
Phase 2 » Estimating . . .The information gathered during Step 1 will be used to prepare your estimate:
- We will use your drawings for standard construction detailing
- We will contact you if we need any additional information
- Upon completion, we will present you with a proposal for your Advantage Panel™ Package. Upon execution of this Agreement, you will let us know when you want to move forward and begin the drafting process.
Phase 3 » Estimate Acceptance . . .To move forward with your project, please forward the following to the SHS Corporate Office:
- Signed Shop-Drawing proposal
- Payment, as specified in your Sales Agreement
Note: A SHS Project Manager will be assigned at this time. Your Project Manager will be your primary point of contact throughout the remainder of the project.
Phase 4 » DraftingAfter estimate acceptance, SHS will begin the drafting process—a process of drafting and review that can take between 2-6 weeks, depending on the detail and quality of drawings initially provided to us and on timelines of review. This process proceeds as follows:
- A SHS Residential Designer prepares the first draft and forwards to you or your representative (contractor, architect, etc.) for review
- You or your representative thoroughly review the drawings and dimensions and make corrective red-lines; then return these corrections to SHS
- Your Residential Designer prepares revised drawings (based on your redlines) and SHS returns revised drawings to you for further review and approval
Note: Any design changes at this point will require that a change order be signed to reflect the new scope of work and additional charges may be required.
Phase 5 » Engineering . . .Most building jurisdictions require engineering for building projects. SHS out sources engineering to registered professional structural engineer and is performed at an additional expense. We train our engineers to specialize with our Vantage SIP Panel™ structures ensuring that your project is not over engineered.
Phase 6 » Final AcceptanceOnce drafting and engineering have been completed, SHS requires signed shop drawings to begin the production process:
Signed Final Shop Drawings:
The signed final shop drawings let SHS know that you have reviewed your drawings (including all revisions) and you agree with them in their final state as these are the panels that SHS will authorize for fabrication and shipment.
Phase 7 » ProductionThe production process typically runs about 3-4 weeks. Once production nears completion, your Project Manager will contact you to verify requested delivery date and other delivery details.
A bill of materials will be formulated and any changes from the original Estimated Sales Agreement will be adjusted accordingly; otherwise, the package will be shipped according to the original agreement.
Phase 8 » ShippingShipping is arranged by SHS at an additional cost. Unless otherwise quoted, shipping is delivered directly to the jobsite.